Staying up-to-date on the latest B2B marketing techniques and trends is no easy task. I don’t need to tell you how fast the marketing profession is evolving — you’re living it every day.
Fortunately, there are a ton of folks creating content to help B2B marketers be more successful. The difficulty can be in sorting through it all to find the best content sources.
To help in your ongoing mission to educate yourself, we’ve compiled a list of B2B marketing resources that our team uses to stay sharp and get ahead of the curve.
Marketing blogs, websites, and newsletters
- B2B Marketing — Free and premium content, events, training, reports, and a magazine.
- Business 2 Community — Latest in tech, the digital space, and marketing.
- Chief Marketing Technologist — Scott Brinker covers all things marketing technology and how it’s changing marketing strategy, management, and culture.
- Contently — Especially for the content strategist, covers actionable content, strategy, digital transformation, storytelling, ROI, and trends.
- Content Marketing Institute — A must-have for content marketers, provides great in-depth resources on all things content marketing.
- Convince and Convert — Jay Baer is great and this blog focuses on linking your content efforts back to ROI.
- eMarketer — Free and premium content to help you stay abreast of the most important trends and forecasts in digital marketing, media, commerce, and overall digital transformation.
- Event Marketer — Free and premium content for people doing trade shows, corporate events, proprietary events, virtual events, buzz marketing, PR campaigns, sponsorships, business-to-business events, and press events.
- HubSpot Marketing Blog — Specializing in inbound marketing, this site covers topics like branding, infographics, team leadership, and social media.
- LinkedIn Marketing Resources — Tons of marketing resources to keep you learning. This site has filters to enable you to find what you need quick.
- Marketing Insider — Author and speaker Michael Brenner is one of the most widely shared marketing thought-leaders out there and always a great read.
- Marketing Land — Several new posts daily. Great for keeping up to date on digital marketing news.
- Marketing Profs — With free and premium content, Ann Handley and team provide some of the best resources out there for all things marketing.
- Marketing Sherpa — Practical case studies, research, and training for marketers.
- Marketo Marketing Blog — Best practices and thought leadership on a plethora of marketing topics.
- MarTech Today — Focused on marketing technology, with specifics on content, social, analytics, and management.
- Moz — Latest in search news with inspiration and new tactics mixed in.
- Neil Patel — Covers topics from conversion rate optimization, ecommerce, content marketing, to social media.
- Search Engine Journal — Provides a good mix of news, tips, and tactics about search.
- Search Engine Land — Comprehensive source for all things related to search marketing.
- Smart Insights — Free and premium content with actionable marketing advice on a wide variety of topics.
- Social Media Examiner — Tons of how-to posts and current tips and trends in social media marketing.
- TopRank Blog — Especially great for learning about influencer marketing. Tons of news, examples, and how-to’s on all things marketing. The weekly digital marketing news video is extremely useful.
Associations and groups
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Association of National Advertisers (ANA)
- Corporate Event Marketing Association (CEMA)
- Data & Marketing Association (DMA)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
Books marketers will love
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content, by Ann Handley
- Flip the Funnel: How to Use Existing Customers to Gain New Ones by Joseph Jaffe
- Killing Marketing: How Innovative Businesses Are Turning Marketing Cost Into Profit by Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi
- Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- PRE-SUASION: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade by Robert Cialdini
- The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results by Brent Adamson, Matthew Dixon, Pat Spenner, Nick Toman
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype by Jay Baer
Other marketing resources and tips
- Setup Google Alerts for specific topics and buzzwords. Once you set it up, you will receive email notifications any time Google finds new results on a topic that interests you. Here are some keyword examples to get you started: marketing trends, digital marketing, B2B content marketing, event marketing, etc.
- Find and participate in local marketing meetups.
- Attend marketing conferences. Check out this list of the best marketing conferences of 2018 to get you started.
- Leverage Lynda.com and Udemy.com by taking marketing courses in specific areas of interest.
- Check out these blog posts for even more lists of resources: